NBA Blogosphere Poll Rankings - Week #1
After a minor redesign to make the site a little tighter (pretty much just a banner), I've become a charter member of the Blogosphere Poll Rankings (BPR) hosted over at YAYsports! (the exclamation point is theirs, not mine, although I am excited).
Basically, the pitch goes like this: get some fanatical bloggers from their respective sports together and publish rankings to compete with the bust-ass "official" rankings put out by the major news outlets. Genius, no? From here, it's just a few small steps to worldwide blog domination. At the Drop the Dime, we're happy to be on the ground floor.
Without further ado, here is my inaugural NBA BPR ballot, complete with snarky comments. Check YAYsports! on Tuesday for the final rankings.
1. San Antonio
2. Detroit: Flip Saunders thinks he died and went to heaven
5. Miami: Wade & Co. must step up with Shaq gone
6. Denver: Much better than you think (or than their record shows)
7. Phoenix: Nash-to-Marion softens the blow of losing Amare
9. LA Clippers: Finally, a real point guard for a talented starting 5
10. New Jersey: Kidd, Jefferson & Carter will soon be off to the races
13. Milwaukee: T.J. Ford having Nash-like impact; Magloire helps too
16. Houston: Losing McGrady hurts badly
17. Golden State: Baron Davis already injured
19. LA Lakers
21. Philadelphia: AI & C-Webb 'coexisting'; getting outscored by 11
24. Sacramento: Chemistry experiment gone wrong in Sacto
25. New York: Larry Brown breaking em down before he builds em up
26. New Orleans
29. Portland: Why would McMillan leave Seattle for this?
30. Toronto: Do they wonder why basketball hasn't caught on in Canada?